Dutch band Sugar Boy and the Sinners brings the blues back to the masses. The band’s energetic live shows earned them a solid reputation among long-time bluesfans and young festival audiences alike. Their style is a modern mix of classic Blues with Soul, Funk and Rock ‘n Roll. This diverse sound has earned the band festivals spots together with acts such as Robert Cray, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Gov’t Mule, Status Quo and Walter Trout.
Though the band is only professionally touring since 2011, Sugar Boy and the Sinners already performed at festivals and venues in Belgium, Germany, France, Italy and the United States. The long-anticipated debut album is released in January 2014 (with a release party in the world-famous Paradiso venue in Amsterdam). Promoting this release will see Sugar Boy and the Sinners entertain audiences the world over. Go check them out and see what the fuss is all about!
- Winner Dutch Blues Challenge 2012
- 3rd place European Blues Challenge 2013
- Semi-finalist International Blues Challenge in Memphis, USA
- Winner Blues & Wine Festival Award, Sicily
- Best Dutch Blues Harmonica Player 2013
- Frankie Duindam for Best Dutch Blues Drummer 2013
- Boy Vielvoye for Best Dutch Blues Harmonica Player 2013
- Sugar boy and the Sinners for Best Dutch Blues Band 2013
- All you can eat! Best Dutch Blues Album 2014
- All you can eat! Best Blues Album 2014, Arrow Classic Rock Radio
- Ronnie Guerin for Best Blues Gitarist Benelux 2014, Gitarist Magazine